Breathtaking in its simplicity and profound in its impact, Key Performance Indicators distils the balanced scorecard process into twelve logical steps, equipping users with an implementation resource kit that includes questionnaires, worksheets, workshop outlines, and a list of over 500 performance measures. Author David Parmenter provides you with everything you need to master and implement a KPI-driven strategy.
From the Inside Flap
KPIs, while used commonly around the world, have never been clearly defined until now. Management has often referred to certain measures as KPIs that have never been KPIs. The lack of understanding of performance measures has led to most monitoring and reporting of measures failing to deliver. The casualty has often been the balanced scorecard, a brilliant tool that can only work if the appropriate measures are in it.
By exploring measures that have transformed businesses, David Parmenter has developed a methodology that is breathtaking in its simplicity and yet profound in its impact. It has been said that Key Performance Indicators is the missing link between the balanced scorecard work of Robert Kaplan and David Norton and the reality of implementing performance measurement in an organisation.
While adopting many of the approaches of the KPI manual first published in 1996, this proactive guide represents a significant shift in the way KPIs are developed and used, with an abundance of implementation tools, including:
- The four foundation stones that lead the development and use of KPIs
- A twelve-step model for developing and using KPIs with guidelines
- A KPI resource kit including worksheets, workshop programs, and questionnaires
- A new and pragmatic approach to finding critical success factors
- Over 500 performance measures
- Templates for reporting performance measures
- A resource kit for a consultant who is acting as a coach/facilitator to the in-house project team
Buy it from amazon.com